Facebook Q1 業績公佈：
- Hit $1.46 billion in revenue up 38% from Q1 2012, beating Wall Street estimates of sales of $1.44 billion.
- FB reported earnings of $1.06 billion for the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per shared missed estimates, staying flat at $0.12
- Net income was up 7% to $219 million, versus $205 million a year ago.
- The amount of its 1.11 billion monthly users that returned daily, 665 million, was slightly better than last quarter.
- The percentage of Facebook’s total ad revenue that came from mobile surged to 30%, up from 23% last quarter.
重點：App Install Ads（Facebook的推銷）
- Facebook App Install Ads were the star of Facebook’s earnings call.
- 3800 developers used the ads to drive over 25 million installs.
- 40% of the top 100 iOS and Android app developers bought these ads in the last week of Q1 alone.
- App Commerce to monetize traffics and communities.
- Chief Accounting Officer David Spillane is leaving the company. Spillane had been the company’s revenue controller since 2008, overseeing growth and IPO. He is getting replaced by Jas Athwal effective May 10.
- Revenue from advertising was $1.25 billion, representing 85% of total revenue and a 43% increase from the same quarter last year.
- Mobile advertising revenue represented approximately 30% of advertising revenue for the first quarter of 2013.
- Payments (像 Zynga 社交遊戲那樣的 In-app purchase) and other fees revenue was $213 million for the first quarter of 2013.
最大疑問 ─ 產品
- Facebook Home first 5 days download: 500,000 only
- Graph Search 普及和使用情況？